Description: You might be responsible for the replacement of a whole system based on the specifications provided by an IT analyst, but often you'll work with 'off the shelf' software, modifying it and integrating it into the existing network. The skill in this is creating the code to link the systems together.
You'll also be responsible for:
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements, including cost proposals
- Working closely with analysts, designers and staff
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes
- Preparation of training manuals for users
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
Description: The responsibilities of a marketing executive will vary, depending the focus is on selling a product or service or on raising awareness of an issue that affects the public.
Marketing executives contribute to, and develop, integrated marketing campaigns. Tasks typically involve:
- liaising and networking with a range of stakeholders including customers, colleagues, suppliers and partner organisations
- communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships
- sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press - local, regional, national and specialist publications - or on the radio, depending on the organisation and the campaign
- managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVDs
- writing and proofreading copy
- liaising with designers and printers
- organising photo shoots
- arranging for the effective distribution of marketing materials
- maintaining and updating customer databases
- organising and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions
- sourcing and securing sponsorship
- conducting market research such as customer questionnaires and focus groups
- contributing to, and developing, marketing plans and strategies
- managing budgets
- evaluating marketing campaigns
- monitoring competitor activity
- supporting the marketing manager and other colleagues
Senior Marketing Executive
Description: Proven marketing and promotions experience, ideally from a related industry sector environment.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing creative marketing strategies that will make an impact, support the brand and drive sales and online traffic.
- Managing the marketing budget on a day to day basis.
- Producing innovative and cost-effective promotions both in print and online.
- Developing and maximising third party relationships to deliver on brand objectives and strategies.
- Delivering an events programme, to ensure that brand presence is maximised and strategic objectives are met.
Be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- High levels of creativity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good levels of numeracy
- Experience of Microsoft Word and Excel
- A clear understanding of the brand you are to work on.